30 before 30 - One year on.

When I turned 20, I set myself a list of 30 challenges to complete by the end of my twenties. A year on, I am on track to completing them, here's an update on hoow I am getting on.

1. Travel to all the continents - I turned 20 in Africa, making this my 5th continent, just South America and Antarctica to go now. Since my birthday I have also travelled back to Oceania, Asia, Europe and North America.
2. Cook a Sunday Roast - Some progress is being made on this and I am now comfortable cooking a roast for tea, but I am still yet to poduce a full Sunday Roast for my family.
3. Visit 40 countries - I currently stand at 29 having been to Indonesia, Singapore, Denmark and Canada for the first time since my birthday
4. Make a three tier cake
5. Graduate - not long to go until this one!
6. Finish my Starry Night cross stitch - I would be a lot further along ith this one if I stopped starting new projects!
7. Win a trip or something money can't buy (COMPLETE) - unbelievably on the same day in August I found out I had won booking.com's #dreamstay competion on Instagram (we chose to go to Copenhagen for a weekend) and also won a tour of South Korea with Intrepid which I am hopefully going on soon! Since then I have also won a stay at a hotel in Brussels which made for a super fun 36 hour trip, and also have won a $150 hotel voucher which we hope to use once the travel restritions are lifted.
8. Learn to drive - no progress, I am still yet to book my first lesson.
9. Go to a concert at the Royal Albert Hall (COMPLETE) - we watched George Ezra perform and it was AMAZING, except for rushing home to bed to wake up for an early morning flight the next day.
10. Do the Harbour swim
11. Go on a warm winter holiday 
12. Interrail
13. Cook everything in a cookbook
14. Watch every single Disney Movie - I really ust sit down and write out the list
15. Get a tattoo - hopefully this one will be happening sooner rather than later
16. See the northern lights - got unlucky again in Norway, so here's hoping its third time lucky next year!
17. Go on a big UK road trip
18. Eat at a Michelin Star restaurant (COMPLETE- had a very nice meal at Leroy in London to celebrate my boyfriends 21st
19. Go to a spa
20. Go on a cruise
21. Run a 10k
22. Own a flat
23. Read 52 books in one year - I have currently read 23 this year so I am on track to tick this one off
24. Make a quilt
25. Make my wedding dress (or at least customise it)
26. Go to the Channel Islands
27. Be on a TV game show - applied for some but wasn't successful
28. Go back to New York but not in Summer
29. Climb the 3 peaks
30. Send thank you notes to my old teachers.

One year down, 10% of goals complete and I am happy with my progress, hoping the next year is just as successful!

R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling a little lost

Hello