Feeling a little lost

Yesterday, in one email, my final 3 months as an undergraduate were cancelled. The grad balls, the graduation, the final exams we will never sit. So instead I will be finsihing university online, from home or my uni room I'm yet to decide.
It feels very strange, I feel very lost. All the excitement and celebrations won't be the same. All the lectures no longer interactive. No proper goodbyes or see you laters.
I am very glad I made the decision a few months back to sign up for an extra year and complete a Masters at the same university, (in global health, how ironic!). At least my degree might become even more employable now.

I'm taken the past day and a half off of work. Ate some chocolate, watched some Netflix, facetimed the family. But everything seems different. For months I had been worrying about Covid-19, but every time I bought it up to family and friends they dismissed the conversation; 'it's only in China, nothing to worry about'. But now they are worrying too.

It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out. No travelling this summer by the looks of things, no summer schools abroad like I had planned, no internships likely to go ahead. On the bright side there is suddenly triple the time available to be creative and for that I am grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 before 30 - One year on.

Hello